Annual 2-Day Basketball Tournament
As many of you already know, The Gardiner Foundation 2 day basketball Memorial tournament is not just about basketball, basketball it just the tool we use to connect and unify with our community, to support one another in times of tragedy.
The 2-day tournament is like saying hey! We see you and we understand the pain that you’re going through because we’ve been there too. This 2-day event conveys the message that
WE WILL STAND WITH YOU, AS A COMMUNITY TO HELP YOU THROUGH YOUR PAIN.
This makes our tournament very unique. We have since seen other tournaments mimic what we’re doing and we say; yes go ahead, do it! – That’s what the GF movement is all about, making a change, impacting our community.
THE GARDINER FOUNDATION:
- Provides scholarships for 1st time college-bound inner-city youth – We have awarded up to $1500 to these individuals, and have been doing so for 10 years – we started out funding it out of pocket but then, God sent some angels to help and that’s when Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. Law firm (GLK) came aboard to help us expand our vision in serving our community.
- We recognize families who have suffered a tragedy in our community & provide support
- Give away 350 books bags filled with school supplies to kids in the community
- Raffle off & give away 21 tablets for kids in the community for educational enhancement each year
- On these 2 days, we also provide free food & beverages for the entire community
- Have free giveaways and fun activities for the kids for the 2 days
- We Invite NBA & Ex- NBA players to motivate and encourage our kids & youth on education & achieving their life goals.